[Gllug] Educational Live CD?

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 10:44:34 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to find an educational live cd suitable for a very bright
primay school-age child.  I've just tried Freeduc-primaire 1.5 and had
a very disappointing experience.  Not only did the default AZERTY key
mapping make using the appropriate cheatcodes at boot time more
painful than it should have been (understandable though due to it's
french origins), but it halted at the reading from KNOPPIX drive part.
   Having used many a KNOPPIX-based live cd (KANOTIX, Damn Small
Linux, Feather Linux and the original), this is the first time that
one has failed to boot on my hardware.

Anybody know of or used any alternatives to Freeduc?  I've already
been through the frozentech livecd list.

--
Mamading Ceesay

A Letter To The Terrorists, From London
http://www.lnreview.co.uk/news/005167.php