[Gllug] /proc/interrupts

Tom Schutzer-Weissmann trmsw at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 11:26:52 UTC 2005

When my laptop is docked, inserting an orinoco wireless card causes the
machine to freeze completely as soon as the orinoco_cs driver is loaded.
When the laptop isn't docked, the driver loads successfully.

I got it into my head that this was to do with interrupt sharing,
although I can get 3 PCMCIA cards to work simultaneously (USB 2,
ethernet, modem). Is this likely, or a blind alley?

Also, could anyone explain what "1.0" is, assigned to IRQ 3 when the
laptop's undocked, or why IRQ 3 doesn't show up at all when the laptop's
docked?

I'm out of my depth on this one, please be kind.
Tom

/proc/interrupts when the laptop is docked:
          CPU0
  0:    1100437          XT-PIC  timer
  1:        320          XT-PIC  i8042
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  7:          4          XT-PIC  parport0
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
 11:       2629          XT-PIC  yenta, yenta, yenta, yenta, TLAN
 12:        110          XT-PIC  i8042
 14:      27286          XT-PIC  ide0
NMI:          0
LOC:          0
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

and undocked:
          CPU0
0:    1368487          XT-PIC  timer
  1:        106          XT-PIC  i8042
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  3:       1079          XT-PIC  1.0
  7:          2          XT-PIC  parport0
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
 11:       1188          XT-PIC  yenta, yenta, eth1
 12:        113          XT-PIC  i8042
 14:      24901          XT-PIC  ide0
NMI:          0
LOC:          0