Dual core AMDs (was Re: [Gllug] Recording Ogg streams?)

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Mon Jul 11 19:32:49 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 20:29 +0100, Liam Smit wrote:
> Hi
>
> > > bogomips        : 4374.52
> >
> > Presumably that figure is per-processor?
>
> Bear in mind that bogomips is derived from "bogus MIPS" so you might
> not want to pay too much attention to it. <g>

But within a family of processors, it's usually just about proportional
to the clock speed.  For an AMD64 at that clock speed, the above is
about the figure I'd expect from a single-core processor.  If I had a
full dual-processor system I'd expect to see that figure for each of the
processors.  I was just wondering where the dual-core system fell
between these two extremes.

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk