[Gllug] [OT] Maven alikes

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 11:17:43 UTC 2005

On 20/07/05, Richard <richard_c at tpg.com.au> wrote:

> In the specific case I'm thinking of, there's a very large government
> department, with awful development practices. I'm hoping to bring them
> out of the 1950s, and allow them to build better (big) projects. Believe
> it or not, I actually would like to see taxes spent more effectively...
> This is a work related enquiry for me, but I expect/hope that it may be
> of general interest to others here.

The sort of infrastructure I would put in place would include the
likes of Trac, Subversion and Buildbot.

I would write scripts for Subversion post-commit hooks that enforce an
Aegis-style development process e.g. only changesets that build
successfully, pass tests and optionally pass a lint run actually get
committed to the repository.

--
Mamading Ceesay

A Letter To The Terrorists, From London
http://www.lnreview.co.uk/news/005167.php
"It's hard to panic the British. They've dealt with the Blitz, the
IRA, the Silurians, the Zarbi, the Daleks, the Cybermen..."
http://www.livejournal.com/users/coalescent/239250.html
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk