[Gllug] Decent, low-memory webmail?

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Jul 20 12:53:27 UTC 2005

On 20/7/2005, "Daniel P. Berrange" <dan at berrange.com> wrote:

>Just a word of caution before setting up a SSH over HTTP tunnel - make
>sure you know your companies IT security policy....

This is getting a little circular...  My original request was for decent
webmail, as I haven't yet found out who I need to bribe to get ssh
access legitimately...  I'm not willing to tunnel without at least
discussing it with the security dude.

They also explicitely state we cannot use instant messaging platforms.
Our clients are banks and we handle a lot of their data, so they're
pretty serious about security.

>I also know of
>companies who have an intercepting HTTPS proxy so they can examine
>traffic going over HTTPs which would otherwise be encrypted (yes this
>means that all user's browsers give SSL security warnings for the
>certificates).

Ouch!  That's just plain nasty!  Do they also record all telephone
conversations?
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk