[Gllug] Re: Dual core AMDs

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Fri Jul 15 05:56:46 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 23:21 +0100, Robert Newson wrote:
[snip]
> I learnt assembler on a 6502 (on a CBM Pet); and then progressed to
> reading/writing in MC in Hex (as the Pet only had a MC monitor that only
> poked around with bytes).  I never did like the Z80 and found the M68K easy
> to learn.  Babbage for a GEC 4000 series processor was an interesting high
> level assembler (never got the time to learn the proper assembler).

The GEC 4000 series didn't have a supported language lower than Babbage.
Although SAL (Simple Assembly Language) existed it was never a product
and it wasn't really needed because you could get as low level as you
liked using Babbage.  If all else failed you could slot in instructions.
Hands up if you know what:

	EXECUTE '1201';

does.  (I may not have got the syntax quite right there.)

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk