[Gllug] Re: usb printing nightmare

Russell Howe rhowe at siksai.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 09:15:52 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 09:15:14AM +0100, Peter Childs wrote:
>    Infact its not a web server but IPP (Internet Printing Protocol)
> which from what I can work out is a protocol built on top of http to
> support printing. I think its a standard that even some network printers
> follow but I have not seen one as yet.

The Canon imagerunner series all seem to have it.

You configure them in cups by installing the PPD and pointing cups at
ipp://<ip address|hostname>:631/ipp/

That said, I think I tripped over a problem in Debian's cups. Not
investigated too deeply though, as I haven't needed to print to that
printer for a while :)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk