[Gllug] Decent, low-memory webmail?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Wed Jul 20 12:29:02 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 12:02:10PM +0100, Rev wrote:
> Seriously: all ports are blocked, all services go through proxies.  So to
> do that, I would need to tunnel out over a proxied service, like http.
> I'd rather do it above-board and through the proper channels.  If the
> person for whom beer has been purchased suggests tunnelling is fine,
> I'll do that.

I would be surprised if they agree to opening up to allow any direct
traffic, since opening any single port would make the whole excercise
pointless.  Once you can ssh out, you can, for example, forward a local
ssh port out to wherever (e.g. your home network).  Once that is done,
you can use that forwarded port to set up arbitrary tunnels from your
home network back in.

--
Bruce

If the universe were simple enough to be understood, we would be too
simple to understand it.