[Gllug] OT: where to find second hand hardware?

Liam Smit liam.smit at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 13:12:53 UTC 2005

Hi John

> > Anyone know of places to get hold of secondhand hardware? I'm looking
> > to get some stuff for my younger brother. Why so quiet today?
>
> Skips. Rubbish bins.

I wonder if this holds true for big ticket items e.g. ex top of the
line graphics cards? Which is the one thing he specifically asked me
for.

> Seriously though, hardware is so cheap these days that it is hardly
> worth the time to recondition an old machine as a desktop.

Well I'm in the lucky position of my brother starting to become
technical and being a student. So I don't mind him having to fiddle
with things and me helping him with anything he can't get right. As an
added benefit it should also improve his knowledge.

If you think about it certain OSS is having a similar price depressing
effect on the market for software. Interesting times ahead perhaps?

Thanks for the advice.

cheers
Liam
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk