[Gllug] OT - simple HTML query

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 31 22:00:55 UTC 2005

On Sun 31 Jul, Adel Ben Zarrouk wrote:

> Hi Everybody,
>
> I am a new member in this group, I have a question if possible , we talk about Linux
> here or about other things, nor I am  confusing.
>
> Regards
>
> --Adel

Hello,
   Yes we do call ourselves the Greater London Linux User Group, but Linux
is a core operating system, supplied as the central part of a number of
software distributions providing a choice from huge numbers of software
packages.
   Open Source Software is open in many ways. It is developed and improved

by users who gain from cooperation, and wish to have a wide range of options
and choices available. Linux distributions share many of the packages with
other Unix compatible systems, and must work and share resources with other
operating systems.
   Members of this group have a wide range of experience in a variety of
different areas, and are able to share this large pool of knowledge. Our
abilities vary, but we can learn from the experience of others and hope to
plug gaps in our own knowledge from suggestions and answers to any requests
for help.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk