[Gllug] Fedora - Large installation Help

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Tue Jul 19 10:03:09 UTC 2005

Actually,
if anyone is interested our CMA appliance can do image-based installs.

http://www.streamline-computing.com/softwaredivision_2.shtml

I would recommend that Wendy sticks with kickstarting,
but it is worth being aware that there are other ways to do it,
ie. equivalents to Norton Ghost for Linux.

I think I posted on this very subject a few months ago.
http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/   for instance.

Actually, and Dan will agree with me here :-)
kickstarting is probably better in the case where you have a set
of mixed machines.
Imaging will work, but if you have wildly different hard drive sizes
and a wonderful zoo of different Ethernet adapters you might end up
tearing your hair out.

(ps. for kickstart, read autoyast etc. etc.)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk