[Gllug] OT: where to find second hand hardware?

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Wed Jul 27 12:53:19 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 13:46 +0100, Liam Smit wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Anyone know of places to get hold of secondhand hardware? I'm looking
> to get some stuff for my younger brother. Why so quiet today?
Skips. Rubbish bins.

Seriously though, hardware is so cheap these days that it is hardly
worth the time to recondition an old machine as a desktop.

I made an old machine up for my nephew as a Christmas present.
Quite honestly, it would have been better and easier all round to
order one from Dell.
If you factor in that we had to get a flat screen (cheapo from Aldis),
a new hard drive and a modem for this machine, then getting a brand
new one, under a warranty, is a better deal.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk