[Gllug] O2 GPRS and Noka 6670 with Debian

Julian Somers lists at bigpip.com
Sat Jul 16 21:13:38 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 06:51:51PM +0100, Phil Reynolds wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 03:30:44PM +0100, Thomas Charles Robinson wrote:
> > LCP = Link Control Protocol. Have you check your authentication
> > challenge settings? Possibly you need to review the account settings...
>
> Well, authentication challenge settings either set themselves up before
> or never entered into it in the first place, as I have never handled
> them and wouldn't have a clue what they are.
>
> As for account settings, they have been tried every way conceivable.
Have you got the O2 access point name in the init string? I think it should be
something like
	AT+CGDCONT=4,"IP","mobile.o2.co.uk"
	ATDT*99***4#
if its a contract sim card, or
	AT+CGDCONT=4,"IP","payandgo.o2.co.uk"
	ATDT*99***4#
if youve got pay and go

chap secrets could look like this for a conteract line
	web * password *
and
	payandgo * payandgo *
if youve got pay and go

You should also have
	user web
in your ppp options file. (user payandgo, if youve got pay and go)

If LCP does not get going at all, buggy phones might need some of these:
	receive-all
	ipcp-accept-local
	ipcp-accept-remote
	asyncmap 0xa0000