[Gllug] BBC Open Source

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Jul 14 22:28:34 UTC 2005

This one time, at band camp, Adrian McMenamin wrote:

> The families of Srebrenica have cause to think otherwise

Learn some history before pointing the finger, buddy.  Try this handy
timeline, take particular note of the multiple requests for air support
from the Dutch commander.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/cryfromthegrave/massacre/time_line.html

(And no, I don't mean to say the Dutch soldiers were blameless, but you
 should realise they were put in a really tough position.  A paper
 mandate to protect the civilians, light weaponry and a spineless,
 disorganised command structure to back it up.)

I can recommend some excellent books to read if you want to learn more
about this conflict.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Geeks need vacations too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

In politics the middle way is none at all.

- John Adams