[Gllug] Fedora - Large installation Help

Jack Richards jack at gnu-solutions.com
Tue Jul 19 09:12:40 UTC 2005

Having done this with our own PXE based replication system, you can do about
700 POS devices ( basically small PC systems ) in tandem.

BUT IT DOES TAKE ITS TIME !

The limitation is the number of DHCP ranges you have and the amount of
patience you are will to expend.

Our Installer now uses multicast and parity files and can install 10 machines
in the same amount of time it takes to install 1.  Scales well too.

The biggest problems is that network traffic will really start to bottle neck
after about 15 or so concurrent installs.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk