[Gllug] [OT] OpenOffice styles

Liam Smit liam.smit at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 13:14:40 UTC 2005

Hi John

> In Oo 1.1.3 running on Fedora core 3, I'm trying to apply
> a newly defined style to some text.
> I go into Format/Styles/Catalog and define a new Paragraph Style.
> But it does not appear on the toolbar when I click on the styles
> box on the left of the Object Bar.

Press F11

This should bring up the styles dialogue box.

Right click in the box and choose New.

Make whatever changes that you want and click OK

Just tested this and it works for me with OOo 1.1.3 on Ubuntu 5.04.

> I'm editing a document someone sent me.

This might cause problems but if the above doesn't work I'll make
further suggestions.

> Sorry to admit my utter ignorance here. Give me a TTY and TeX any day.
> Previewing on an 80x32 character screen is good enough for anybody.

Thursday's rant? <g>

cheers
Liam
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk