[Gllug] Maximise vertically in GNOME

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 22:48:05 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 01:27:59PM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:

> Is this is possible?  I can never think of a reason to mazimise "whole
> screen" a la Windoze - maximize vertically is always better.  I tried
> this technique, but it didn't actually work for me (couldn't work out
> how to bind a mouse click instead of a keypress, if indeed that is
> possible).
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-list/2003-May/msg00080.html
>
> Rich.

Assuming GNOME2 with Metacity window manager, then the keyboard
bindings for operations on a window that have changed from the
default are stored in:
	~/.gconf/apps/metacity/window_keybindings/%gconf.xml

The option you want is called "maximize_vertically".

I also don't what the string is required for a mouse click, as I've
only used keyboard controls. Maybe a look at the source code could
give some clues ?

| A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion |
| Q. Why is top posting bad ?                             |
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk