[Gllug] London explosions

Mark Williams mark at aziraphale.homeip.net
Sat Jul 9 02:46:42 UTC 2005

> Well, http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=24463 Mr Clarke has said
> that ID cards *wouldn't* have helped!

On the Today programme he said that they wouldn't have _stopped_ the
attacks, but that they probably would be `more help than hindrance'
and therefore there's probably no reason not to have them.  I'm glad
he cleared that one up...

He also suggested that the accompanying decision to take away our
civil liberties was his---as though _he_ were paying _our_ wages, or
something!

> Do you have more details about this TV programme which featured
> GLLUG?

<quote>

   DISPATCHES: UNDERCOVER WITH NEW LABOUR
   The Dirty Tricks Election
   Channel 4
   First Broadcast: Monday 23rd May 2005, 8pm

</quote>

The production company provides a synopsis at
<URL:http://www.hardcashproductions.com/recent-top.html>.

The programme showed a screenshot of a GLLUG posting asking for help
with the IPCHAINS rules filtering packets to/ from
<URL:http://newgolddream.dyndns.info/>---a web site smearing New
Labour opponents and purporting itself as having being written (and
hyperlinked from other sites) by a concerned member of the public.
The GLLUG post demonstrated that it was really hosted by our own
resident New Labour press officer.

--
Mark
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk