[Gllug] [OT] How secure is MAC Address restrictions on wi-fi?

Wiehe, Simon simon.wiehe at csfb.com
Mon Jul 25 09:26:24 UTC 2005

Does anyone know how secure MAC Address restrictions are on a wi-fi network?

Ideally I would not broadcast the network's existence and use WEP but the VPN
setup of a work supplied laptop will not work if I do not broadcast the SSID
and I cannot get WEP to work with it at the moment, although it is meant to
work fine.

Without the work supplied laptop I would be using 128bit WEP and not
broadcast the SSID.

Thanks

Simon

http://www.csfb.com/legal_terms/disclaimer_external_email.shtml