[Gllug] O2 GPRS and Noka 6670 with Debian

Phil Reynolds phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
Sun Jul 17 08:16:45 UTC 2005

#
> Well, no, as yet I haven't got anything like this. The phone doesn't
> like the command as you put it, either, giving ERROR. It does however
> respond to:
>
> AT+CGDCONT?
> +CGDCONT: 1,"IP",,,0,0
>
> I think this may well be a/the problem. If I can find a reference to the
> AT commands it uses, I might be able to fix it, but further guidance
> would be appreciated.
>
> (I knew *99# was the general GPRS number - and can see what the ***4 is
> about)

The good news is I've fixed it.

The password details given have to be in pap-secrets, not chap-secrets,
it seems.

I init first with ATZ then with AT+CGDCONT=,,"mobile.o2.co.uk" then dial
*99***1#, and it works without difficulty.

If I do happen to get a failed connection, though, the phone won't
respond to AT commands again until I unplug and reconnect it. If I close
the connection normally, it is fine.

--
Phil Reynolds
 o  ____ mail: phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 67, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk