[Gllug] Decent, low-memory webmail?

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Jul 20 11:02:10 UTC 2005

On 20/7/2005, "Steve Nelson" <sanelson at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Umm... ssh -p <some high port> ?
>
>(of course I mean together with tunneling etc - I've had to do
>something similar in the past)
>
>eg You could have an sshd instance listening on a high port on a
>machine at home, and jump off that, or tunnel ssh over http... all
>possibilities which require no bribery!

All wonderful ideas in practise, but how does it work in theory?

Seriously: all ports are blocked, all services go through proxies.  So to
do that, I would need to tunnel out over a proxied service, like http.
I'd rather do it above-board and through the proper channels.  If the
person for whom beer has been purchased suggests tunnelling is fine,
I'll do that.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk