[Gllug] How to stop hotplug being "clever"?

Adam Bower adam at thebowery.co.uk
Mon Jun 6 10:32:11 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 06:18:32PM +0100, John Winters wrote:

> So, can anyone tell me how to change the configuration and tell it to
> use the real ethernet port as eth0?  I recall one used (pre-hotplug) to
> do this with an alias in /etc/modules.conf, but I've added:
>
>     alias eth0 via_rhine
>
> there and it doesn't make any difference.  Can anyone tell me how to do
> it please?

add the lines between the ----- to /etc/hotplug/blacklist

------
# causes no end of confusion by creating unexpected network interfaces
eth1394
------

(at least, this is the lines ubuntu has that stop the annoying eth0
being a firewire device problem)

Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li
AFFS || http://www.affs.org.uk/ || Not a filesystem