[Gllug] Mail servers on FC4

Pip gl.lug at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 28 16:28:18 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 28 Jun 2005 10:26, Chris Bell wrote:

>    Try a google search for "dovecot pop3"

Of course. And "dovecot exim" and others.

> http://www.dovecot.org

Including that.

> and several other references

True, but nothing _specific_. One of the problems, as I've now found out, was
that FC4 was being "secure" and not letting Dovecot run (nor putting anthing
in the messages log about it). I've now got Dovecot running as a pop server,
but it something in the setup isn't talking to something else so that I've no
mail to pick up. Part of that is a permissions issue. Part isn't. I was
looking to find a "this works" configuration so I could work backwards and
find out where I've gone wrong.
Sorry if it's wasted your time.

Pip
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk