[Gllug] Failed MB BIOS Upgrade

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Mon Jun 13 22:04:25 UTC 2005

Talking of FUBAR’d things – are there any motherboard guru’s here. A BIOS
upgrade has failed and left it corrupt. The Intel manual describes a method
to recover this situation by removing a jumper from the board and booting
with the BIOS update floppy in the drive. The MB should read from the
floppy, make two beeps, which it does and then it should resume reading the
floppy – which it doesn't. I suspect its not finding the stuff it should on
the floppy - I have tried several different versions of the BIOS - no luck.

It’s a D845BG - Intel says it's no longer supported - its only 3 yrs old -
oh well...

Anyway does anyone here have any more insight into recovery methods

Thanks in advance

Ken

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk