[Gllug] Support for thunderbird

Mike Leigh mike.leigh at hornbill.com
Thu Jun 16 11:35:56 UTC 2005

> Thanks Mike.  I did think of the large number solution but
> the bossman of the company I'm working for is worried that he
> may miss the one email, should it timeout overnight.  Did you
> check if 99999999 was the largest number tbird will accept?
> I'll do it later when I get a chance.

I think its an 8 character field so 99999999 is the largest amount of time.
Also 99999999/86400 is over 3 years so I don't think your boss will miss an
email.  Iv'e not known windows to stay up that long so I think you are safe
to assume this is a safe bet.  I will test the overnight timeout as well on
my machine at home and let you know the outcome.

> You didn't mention if you were using the linux, mac or
> windows version?
> I, unfortunately, am using the windows version.

I use both the Linux version and the Windows version.  The 8*9 test was
performed on Windows XP with Thunderbird 1.0.2

Thanks

Mike
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk