[Gllug] Square brackets [OT]

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Fri Jun 10 14:51:37 UTC 2005

Pete Ryland <pdr at createservices.com> writes:

> On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 11:07:02AM +0100, Nix wrote:
[snip]
>> "Nix" nix at esperi.org.uk (The Immortal and All-Powerful One)
>
> Ok, we all know you're the top techy around here, but "Immortal and
> All-Powerful" too?

In ten thousand years, industrial archaeologists will be tracing the
evolution of software by noticing the output effects of Nix's weird
hacks on gcc...

(I think Vernor Vinge, Ken McLeod and Peter Hamilton have all made
amusing use of code-archaeology themes in their work. I recall one
dialogue sequence: "how do we know the <evil AI propagating through our
system> is human-derived?" "we found DOS bugs in the base code")

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
www.shadow.org.uk/products/newhand.shtml
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk