[Gllug] [OT] Data Recovery companies

Liam Smit liam.smit at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 17:17:23 UTC 2005

HI

Might have just been the drive electronics that lost their magic smoke.

In which case with a 3.5 IDE it is almost trivial to swap out the PCB
from an identical disk. For a 2.5 IDE it would be harder but it's when
the disk is damaged and needs to be recovered in a clean room
environment that things get expensive.

Cheers
Liam

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk