[Gllug] Distribution Lists

Ashley Evans hoshy at hoshy.co.uk
Mon Jun 6 13:53:43 UTC 2005

Rich Walker wrote:

>Ashley Evans <hoshy at hoshy.co.uk> writes:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm looking into simple methods to create distrbution lists that don't require subscriptions and
>>will only accept mail from internal addresses.
>>
>>I was going to use simple aliases but that would be open to external mis-use. Mailman seems like an
>>overkill. Any ideas of something to do the job, or even how to make postfix only accept mail for
>>list1 at example.com from internal hosts?
>>

>We use mailman for that here. We can then choose on a per-address basis
>whether to make it externally usable (useful for trusted third parties
>and point-of-contact addresses), externally visible (useful for
>collaborations) or whatever...
>
>cheers, Rich.

Thanks.

I've decided on the alias method for the moment until I need to give
them something more flexible.  Hopefully never.

For the archives I solved the previous problem by taking note of the
mail.err message

fatal: parameter "smtpd_recipient_restrictions": specify at least one
working instance of: check_relay_domains, reject_unauth_destination,
reject, defer or defer_if_permit

and added the following to main.cf:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
        check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/access,
        permit,
        reject

the idea being to allow everything except those addresses explicitly
listed in access.

As the configuration matures this will probably change but it does
suffice for the moment.

Ashley

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk