[Gllug] MP3-CDs

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Wed Jun 22 14:56:29 UTC 2005

Joel Bernstein <joel at fysh.org> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 03:12:47PM +0100, Robert Bannocks wrote:
>>

>> Thanks, - I take it the directory will become the album name?
>
> I wouldn't assume that at all. If you're lucky the player will read
> track metadata from the ID3 tags.

My experience has been:

The order of the directories on the CD might not be what you think it
is.

The order of the files in the directory might not be what you think it
is.

"Random" play might well not work very well with directories.

(I find random is normally tolerable on "one big directory with all the
files in" CD's.)

Oh: and I tend to use xcdroast or k3b to burn.

>> Is there any significance to the nameing of the files?
>
> Uh... Depends on your player software. RTFM.

TRy it and see. Simplest trick: number the files
01_Artist_Album_TrackName
02_Artist_Album_TrackName
03_Artist_Album_TrackName

cheers, Rich.