[Gllug] Bio visa applications may be outsourced

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 10:27:01 UTC 2005

On 6/28/05, Chris Bell <chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>    I have seen a report that biometric visa applications may be outsourced
> to India. Perhaps we should outsource the UK government as well, with all
> the benefits of lower costs, yet having absolutely no detrimental effects?

Yes, as we have recently heard, it's so much easier to spot any
identify theft and fraud when the office is > 1000 miles away and in a
developing country known to be vulnerable to bribes and corruption.

And they want EDS to do the ID Cards, because they have done *such* a
good job before on government projects too...

<ob:ParrotSketch> I want to complain about this opposition party what
I voted for here not long ago</>

A.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk