[Gllug] Installing Flash player on Debian

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Fri Jun 3 13:47:10 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 02:29:44PM +0100, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Richard Jones wrote:
>
> > This is a really simple problem, but I just can't get the proprietary
> > Flash player installed on Debian / Firefox 1.0.4.
>
> apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

That created:

# ls -l /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins/
total 144
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     44 Jun  3 14:36 flashplayer.xpt -> /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/flashplayer.xpt
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     46 Jun  3 14:36 libflashplayer.so -> /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so

Restarted firefox completely.

It still doesn't display any Flash content on http://www.macromedia.com/

The problem here is a I don't know how to begin to try and debug this.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk