[Gllug] [OT] Data Recovery companies

Ashley Evans hoshy at hoshy.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 14:04:48 UTC 2005

John Hearns wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 14:36 +0100, Ashley Evans wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Google returns a myriad of companies.  Anybody with positive first hand
>>experience ?
>>

>How is the data lost, and on what media?
>
>Will my often reported trick of putting the disk in the freezer not
>work? Gory details please, complete with pics of fried components.

No pics handy sorry.

Three items are currently up for recovery.

1.  Maxtor MaxlinePlusII 250Gb sata
    scsi media error
    can't cat any info raw
    can't fdisk
2. laptop hdd, low priority haven;t even look so may just be a silly issue

3. 128Meg USB device
    can cat info off, am thinking about gpart or something to try and
make an image out of it.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk