[Gllug] Installing Flash player on Debian

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Fri Jun 3 13:30:27 UTC 2005

This is a really simple problem, but I just can't get the proprietary
Flash player installed on Debian / Firefox 1.0.4.

I've put the file libflashplayer.so into
/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins and flashplayer.xpt into
/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/components.

I also put the  same files into ~/.mozilla/{plugins,components} and in
/usr/lib/mozilla/{plugins,components} just to make sure.

But Flash doesn't work ...  I'm testing it by going to
http://www.macromedia.com/ where I am reliably informed there is some
Flash on the front page.  It's a no-show.

The Flash player is listed in about:plugins

Ideas?

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.