mobile company changes... (was: Re: [Gllug] o2, web, site, ....)

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jun 3 19:16:39 UTC 2005

On Friday 03 Jun 2005 12:35, Benedikt Heinen wrote:
> > Now we have moved to orange and life is better. We left o2 for the
> > same reasons as alain left vodafone. o2 have very bad customer
> > service. Orange make more of an effort but do still fuck up.
>
> I recently changed to Orange as well, and - while generally now the
> reception here is a lot better, they did fuck up big time after a couple
> of weeks - that time, my mobile all of a sudden started saying "no signal"
> all the time, and when I called my own (ported in) number, I was getting a
> message "All our lines are currently busy" - and a couple of hours later
> switched to "you've dialled an incorrect number".
>
> Based on that, Orange claimed that my USIM was broken, and I needed it
> replaced   (seems nonsensical - if the USIM was broken, I'd get
> "subscriber cannot be reached at this moment" or something, but nothing
> along the lines that the number was incorrect.
>
> Anyway - they exchanged the USIM, and after that took close to 4 days
> restoring service to my phone... :-(
>
> (...which is a REAL pain in the ass, when you're just looking for a new
> job, and your CV contains your mobile number - comes across as really
> professional, if you list a number that gives you "You've dialled an
> incorrect number"... :-(
>

> Anyway - now it's back working again - so my gripes are a bit smoothened
> at the moment... ;-)

Both my personal and work mobiles are with Orange, but I would change if I
could.  Orange is the only company that gives me any kind of useful service
at home, and the company I work for are thoroughly tied in to them.  Their
customer service varies from abysmal to non-existent, in my experience.

Chris
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk