[Gllug] Spamassassin problems

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 30 15:12:15 UTC 2005

Continuing my travails with my FC4 mailserver, yum upgraded my
spamassassin/spamass-milter set up to SA v 3.0.4 and, AFAICS, the milter
to 0.2.1.

Well, now while the setup continues to detect and score spam, it doesn't
change the subject line and therefore the spam trapping in procmailrc
fails.

What's changed/what's gone wrong? Googling has revealed nothing...

My (unchanged) /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf states:

# These values can be overridden by editing
~/.spamassassin/user_prefs.cf
# (see spamassassin(1) for details)

# These should be safe assumptions and allow for simple visual sifting
# without risking lost emails.

required_hits 4.5
report_safe 1
rewrite_header subject [SPAM]