[Gllug] Stepping up on the patents front

Nelson Menezes nelson_menezes at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 5 21:03:21 UTC 2005

I'll "third" it, although what really should change is the
UK government's position. It might be worthwhile contacting
your MP as well, even if the MEPs manage to stop it for
now.

It's national governments pushing for this ridiculous thing
(because they have the interested companies so far up
their... ahem). The European Parliament is actually mostly
against it, but national governments will force it through
any way they can.

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/business/legal/0,39020651,39200624,00.htm

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk