[Gllug] Mirroring a local dir to ftp (curl?)

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 14:45:09 UTC 2005

On 6/15/05, Mike Leigh <mike.leigh at hornbill.com> wrote:

> Just thougt I would add my thoughts to this.  What about wget.  You may have
> to do it the other way around though but my understanding is that wget is
> the sort of tool for recursive file grabbing.
>
> Did I miss something with your original question that means wget is a non
> starter for you ?

The main constraint was that I only had FTP access to the server..
cannot configure any services such as rsync etc.

Oh, and the machine I want to copy from is a OS X server... ncftpput
seems to do quite well, the only remaining niggle is that I really
want to delete the content on the server before I upload the latest
stuff and ncftp doesn't seem to be scriptable.

A Python ftplib script should handle a simple directory delete.

Thanks

~sm
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk