[Gllug] [YA-OT] PA-RISC D-Class 9000

alan at ibgames.com alan at ibgames.com
Mon Jun 13 16:04:21 UTC 2005

On 13 Jun 2005 at 14:56, Ashley Evans wrote:

Date sent:      	Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:56:42 +0100
From:           	Ashley Evans <hoshy at hoshy.co.uk>
To:             	Greater London Linux User Group <gllug at gllug.org.uk>
Subject:        	[Gllug] [YA-OT] PA-RISC D-Class 9000
Send reply to:  	Greater London Linux User Group <gllug at gllug.org.uk>
	<mailto:gllug-request at gllug.org.uk?subject=subscribe>

> Hi,
>
> I'm at a client who's suffered at power failure and it looks like this
> box hasn't come up correctly.  Normally I'd walk away from this in a
> client environment but the boss (client) has asked me to "at least give
> it a go" after the usual warnings.  Some of the client machine have a
> telnet to what I think is the machine ip.  The machine is up however the
> front panel shows "warn".
>
> It seems to be stuck in some kind of text editor.  Anybody know how exit
> common editors, does this thing have VTs? I think I could figure out at
> least how to check the network and reboot and look at logs if I could
> make it to a terminal.
>
> Any tid bits would be welcome.
>
> Thanks.
> Ashley
>
> --

Hell, I used to run into this problem with their stupid keyboard as
well. There is some wierd key combo that unlocks the keyboard so you
can use it. The problem is that I haven't had to fix it for several
years and I can't remember what the combo is.

You might be able to get some info by googling for something like 'hp
9000 keyboard', or possibly asking on an HP Server mailing list.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but I hope this info is of some use.

alan
--
http://www.ibgames.net/alan
Registered Linux user #6822  http://counter.li.org