[Gllug] Openoffice 2 beta - PDF Font embedding/translation

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Mon Jun 13 11:05:01 UTC 2005

I can produce PDFs without embedding the fonts (by using Times/Helvetica).

I can even use the "font translation" dialogue to "replace" my chosen
fonts with Times/Helvetica.

But - I need to remember to go in and turn the font replacement on just
before export and off again after (otherwise my on-screen display looks
awful).

I can't be the only one with this problem, but googling has got me
nowhere. I'd write a macro, but can't find the event to trap nor any way
of flipping the font-replacement on/off. Anyone else working round this?
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk