[Gllug] [OT] tree spanning algorithms/libraries

Richard richard_c at tpg.com.au
Wed Jun 29 08:52:36 UTC 2005

I've been talking to a friend of mine about buillding a social networks
type of web site. I'd like to implement a system for building arbitrary,
instantly updated networks of Alice knows Bob, knows Claire; therefore
Alice knows Claire by a common friend. The social networking sites
(friendsreunited, LinkedIn, etc) seem to have found a solution to this
problem, so I guess I can too.

This is basically a variety of travelling salesman problem, and hard
computer science has never been my strong point. Does anyone know of a
good source for tools for solving this sort of problem, and
implementations of algorithms to make it easier on fools like myself.
Cobbling solutions together out of other peoples tools is my strong
point ;-)

Richard
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk