[Gllug] proxy-arp and a vpn

Peter Grandi pg_gllug at gllug.for.sabi.co.UK
Tue Jun 21 15:41:20 UTC 2005

martin> Tom Schutzer-Weissmann wrote:

>> any comments very welcome

martin> You're being vague.  "does work" and "doesn't work" are
martin> actually _very_ unhelpful terms when debugging a
martin> problem.

martin> What _exactly_ are you trying to achieve?
martin> What _exactly_ have you done to try to meet this goal?
martin> What results do you get from your method?
martin> How do these results differ from your expectations?

Ah, hear hear! Quite similar to what I was thinking :-) In case
it may be useful for giving to people who ask vague questions, I
have summarized my suggestions on how to ask questions (especially
but not just on IRC) in page at this URL:

  http://WWW.sabi.co.UK/Notes/linuxHelpAsk.html

and I think these suggestions are a lot better than ESR's ;-).

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk