[Gllug] ADSL upload speeds

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Mon Jun 27 11:31:11 UTC 2005

John Winters writes:

>Some organisations (e.g. Demon) even make up fictitious individuals to
>sign letters.  So you'll get a letter signed (or rather, not signed -
>just a printed name and no signature) by "Able Baker Charlie - Senior
>Customer Services Representative", but if you write back to Able Baker
>Charlie pointing out he hasn't addressed your query you will never get a
>reply and if you phone, at any hour of the day or night, he is always in
>a meeting.

This isn't universally true. We used to do that, to protect the individuals
in question. But IIRC, each fictitious name corresponded to a real person,
and if you phoned or wrote to the fictitious person, you'd get through to
the person you intended to contact. You just wouldn't be able to trace them
in real life.

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk