[Gllug] Un-supported writing to floppy

Benedikt Heinen gllug at ml.icemark.net
Mon Mar 28 09:52:59 UTC 2005

> dont forget to unmount it after saving your work

...especially don't forget to umount your floppy BEFORE ejecting it from
the drive - and patiently wait until umount is finished, because otherwise
not all data may have been written to the disk...

I don't know for SuSE, but aren't there isn't there a package called
"mtools" or something (should contain "mwrite", "mread", ...; a lot of
little scripts to read, write, delete, list, rename files on floppy disk
without having to go through explicitly mounting/umounting the drives...

   Benedikt
--
                     Gaudeo te illud de me rogavisse.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk