[Gllug] Backup software for a non-techie person

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 21:11:22 UTC 2005

Hello,

I've been asked to recommend a backup solution for a guy who has 2
Linux servers but doesn't know a lot about the OS at all. He's a Mac
user

I need a solution that has a good graphical interface that shows the
status of backup jobs and is going to give him a fighting chance of
recovering data by browsing the catalogue for a file and inserting the
tape as instructed.

I'm going to set the jobs up but he needs to be able to swop tapes and
make sure the backups were completed and verified on his own.

At the moment my choice would be Arkeia, but I wanted to know what you
guys would recommend.

Cheers

~sm
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk