Outlook quoting (was Re: [Gllug] RE: Gllug Digest, Vol 21, Issue 15)

Rob Crowther robertc at boogdesign.com
Fri Mar 4 19:36:18 UTC 2005

Steve Nelson wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:56:54 -0000, Ian Scott <mriscott at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>>Actually, Outlook can be configured to quote correctly, it just
>>>doesn't by default.
>>>
>>>Steve
>>
>>Thanks Steve.
>>
>>I googled for this, and found where they hide this option!
>

> You did?  Then do explain to other sufferers who have no choice of
> mail client at work.

You need to go to Tools -> Options..., then select 'E-mail Options...'
on the Preferences tab, you will see the option 'Read all standard mail
in plain text'.  This is on Outlook 2003, though IIRC it was fairly
similar on Outlook 2000.

If you are allowed out of the corporate network on POP or IMAP ports -
and I'm sure there are some mail service providers who let you connect
ports like 443 to IMAP - then you can install Thunderbird in your My
Documents folder and it should run just fine - just get the zipped
distribution rather than the installer and extract it.  Even better just
stick it on a USB key then it won't get deleted by any nightly 'remove
unauthorised software' scans.

Rob

Rob
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk