[Gllug] OT: Tomcat & Apache mapping problem

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 24 22:14:04 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 15:24 +0000, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 05:17:44PM +0000, Mike wrote:
> >
> > Ah, but I like cats :-). Actually, there are lots of things I learnt how
> > to do one way, and then subsequently found a "more efficient" way of
> > doing same later.
>
> When it comes to the avoidance of cat, those ironic quotes are not
> merited.  Cutting out needless use of cat will make a big difference to
> the load that your shell scripts will impose on a system.

As I believe I mentioned in the earlier message, I do make the effort to
do so in scripts. On an interactive command line though, I still have
some bad habits.

There is a certain delicious irony though, in considering the excess
system load caused by 'cat', in a thread that was about Java when it
started.....

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk