[GLLUG] SELinux

Matthew Cooke mpcooke3 at lineone.net
Wed Mar 9 19:26:05 UTC 2005

Shortly after my last machine got rooted I decided to try SELinux on
fedora core 3. I've been thoroughly impressed.

I took various other security measures including enforcing wheel group,
keeping much more up-to-date using yum, iptables and various other bits
and bobs and SELinux was the most hassle of all of these.

SELinux is a pain when using any non-default configuration of apps (and
some default ones too!) but overall I actually felt it was well worth
it.

The only caveat i should add to this is that my box was just rooted
again. But SELinux wasn't covering every app as it was running in
targeted mode...

Matt. (crying a little)

--
Matthew Cooke <mpcooke3 at lineone.net>