[Gllug] how to get postfix to delete all messages its about to receive

Russell Howe rhowe at wiss.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 14:41:09 UTC 2005

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 01:40:00PM +0000, Sean Burlington wrote:
> Hi,
> how do I delete the messages from either the mailman queue whic I
> can't find - or the postfix queue (which they aren't in yet)

You could probably redirect all incoming mail to a procmail filter that
just /dev/null's the incoming messages (or for bonus points, /dev/null's
only mailman welcome messages :)

Alternatively, you could get them into the postfix queue and do
"postsuper -d ALL" to delete all messages in the queue. (see the man
page to make sure that this does what you want - there are a few
different ways to delete messages)

I've never used mailman, and I only do admin work on the postfix box at
work, so I haven't bothered learning any more than basic usage of
postsuper and postqueue

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk