[Gllug] [OT] Web hosting

Jan Kokoska kokoskaj at seznam.cz
Mon Mar 21 13:14:21 UTC 2005

Hi

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 00:30 +0000, George Wright wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> A friend just asked me whether http://www.streamline.net/ seemed too good to
> be true? They appear to be offering unlimited bandwidth hosting for
> ridiculously low prices. Anyone know if they're a reputable firm or if
> they're just a scam?

Quoting from http://www.streamline.net/uu.php

Un-restricted Visitor Bandwidth...
If we cannot host your Website due to high bandwidth we will refund the
entire hosting fee.

Quite reasonable way of getting rid of the extreme downloaders (from
company's perspective). Judging from the website the company seems to be
real. Unlimited bandwidth is not so exceptional outside UK, being Czech
I house a few servers back in Prague and I get just that (much cheaper,
too).

Cheers

Jan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk