[Gllug] [OT] Monitoring CPU usage on OS X with SNMP

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 13:22:08 UTC 2005

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:21:34 +0000 (GMT), Christian Smith
<csmith at micromuse.com> wrote:

> What agent is running on the MacOS box? UCD-SNMP-MIB::ssCpuRawNice.0 is
> part of the UCD-SNMP part of the MIB, and thus only available with
> UCD-SNMP agents.
>
> Even if the MacOS machine is running the UCD-SNMP agent, it may not have
> been sufficiently ported to MacOS to provide that information.

I'm not exactly sure which version of snmpd it is on OS X, or how to
check. Package management on there is a mystery to me unless I use
darwinports.

However the man page for snmpd seems to be identical on Linux and OS X.

Also I noticed there are no UCD-SNMP-MIB counters there at all, it
isn't just the CPU not being reported

Thanks

~sm
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk